Welcome to The Chronicle of Change

The Chronicle of Change is a collection of poetry written since the 1990s. As most of the poems are in hard copy, I will have to encode them one by one, so bear with me. I will be posting them as I go along.

The dates of posting are not necessarily the dates of creation.

I do not and never will claim that they are good, but if you find value in them, I thank you. You are most welcome to comment. I welcome both praise and criticism.

If for any reason you need to quote, lift excerpts, print, publish, or refer to the poems in any way, I would appreciate a note or an email, an acknowledgment of ownership, and an acknowledgment of the website. Intellectual property rights do apply.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Heal Me Doctor

heal me doctor I think I have a tumor
in my brain help me sleep for I'm drained
nights have turned into nightmares spare
sweet heavens my life for I die in pain
when I lie in bed with the tumor in my head
death becomes an alternative so fetching
it scares me to think I can choose to sink
defeated by the disease or choose not to ask why
I dread each waking moment for
the unbearable comes with the rising of the sun
day dawns like twilight in my bones
operate on me doctor and break me open
to find the tumor in my head to stop the cancer
eating my brain put me up for my day at the room
soon cut me up slice me precisely remove the tumor
in my head anguish fills the life which is not
every nerve ending cries out torment unending
a tumor so reviling defiling me with thoughts
mothers would cringe at give me an anesthetic or
something for death I refuse to live without reprieve

for a life is not when
inside strife rules
anarchy reigns then kills
like cancer or a tumor
in the brain

- written some time in 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails