Welcome to The Chronicle of Change

The Chronicle of Change is a collection of poetry written since the 1990s. As most of the poems are in hard copy, I will have to encode them one by one, so bear with me. I will be posting them as I go along.

The dates of posting are not necessarily the dates of creation.

I do not and never will claim that they are good, but if you find value in them, I thank you. You are most welcome to comment. I welcome both praise and criticism.

If for any reason you need to quote, lift excerpts, print, publish, or refer to the poems in any way, I would appreciate a note or an email, an acknowledgment of ownership, and an acknowledgment of the website. Intellectual property rights do apply.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pokemon


At 3:10 in the morning
he gave up all hope of ever
finding
the source of his
unhappiness.
There was no one to call
no one
to talk to and blame
for his
misery.
So he pointed
an extended
middle finger
and poked it
into his eye and he
bled
and bled
and he bled
profusely.
Then he said, "Go
fuck yourself!"
'til his brain was all mush
and his eyes were
nothing
but a bleeding
bobbing
dead pokemon
peering up at him
from the floor.

- written some time in 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails