Welcome to The Chronicle of Change

The Chronicle of Change is a collection of poetry written since the 1990s. As most of the poems are in hard copy, I will have to encode them one by one, so bear with me. I will be posting them as I go along.

The dates of posting are not necessarily the dates of creation.

I do not and never will claim that they are good, but if you find value in them, I thank you. You are most welcome to comment. I welcome both praise and criticism.

If for any reason you need to quote, lift excerpts, print, publish, or refer to the poems in any way, I would appreciate a note or an email, an acknowledgment of ownership, and an acknowledgment of the website. Intellectual property rights do apply.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cannibalism


Sa paghawak
sa armas kong pilit
binabayo
dama ko
pagkaupos ng sigarilyong hithit.
Sa pagningas ng aso
at pag-init ng laman
nararamdaman
pagkaubos ng kaluluwang said.
Bawat ulos
tumatagos
sa diwang nananaghoy.
Mga ungol dumadaloy
sa bawat hinga ng kalul’wa’t
usok na binubuga.
Bawat hampas
umaalpas
urirat.
Mga mata’y di maidilat
sa kahubarang bilad.
Humahagod.
Hininga’y inaanod.
Nalulunod sa kahibangan ng katawan:
Lamang pilit na ninakawan,
sariling katawan pinatulan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails